Can cats eat oatmeal? Oatmeal is safe and healthy for cats but only if you feed in moderation. The main intent is whether you are going to add oatmeal with water or milk as milk is lactose intolerant to cats.
Nutrition Facts Of Oatmeal
Nutritional facts in 100 grams of oatmeal include
- Calories – 389
- Protein – 16.9 g
- Water – 8 %
- Fat – 6.9 g
- Carbs – 66.3 g
- Fiber – 10.6 g
- Omega-3 -0.11 g
- Omega-6 – 2.42 g
- Saturated – 1.22 g
- Polyunsaturated – 2.54 g
- Monounsaturated – 2.18 g
Is Oatmeal Safe For Cats?
Oatmeal is not recommended as a main meal, it can be fed as an occasional treat for your feline friends. As it is rich in iron, it is necessary for your felines blood health and good function of enzymes.
Iron deficiency can lead your cats into anemia. Adding oatmeal to cats diet helps your cats to get the benefits of calcium and vitamin B-6. Also, it helps cats strong bones and healthy blood and good function of nerves and muscles.
Benefits Of Feeding Oatmeal To Cats
- It is rich in protein and fiber which is healthy for cats.
- Oats cool the nerve and serves as nervine.
- Balance the hormonal agents.
- Oat is rich in vitamin B, iron, high in diuretic, low in gluten, anti-inflammatory building, and antitumor
Can Cats Eat Oatmeal Cookies?
No! Oatmeal cookie is toxic for cats because it may contain chocolate, raisins, and sugar that are not suggested for cats. Recommended cat’s daily calorie intake range from 200 to 300. An oatmeal cookie contains 100 calories.
Feeding one oatmeal cookie without chocolate and raisins may not be a problem but more than that will cause health issues like diabetes to your feline friends.
Yummy Oatmeal Cookie Treat Recipe For Cats
- 1 ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of oil
- ½ cup of chicken broth and tuna oil
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix it into a dough.
- Roll it in a ½ inch thick shaped
- Grease cookie sheet and set in it.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until it becomes brown.
- Cool it before serving.
- Your cat will enjoy this delicious oatmeal cookie as an occasional