Cat Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Can Cats Eat Watermelon? Yes, watermelon is a perfect snack for cats as it is rich in water and it helps cats to re-hydrate. This wonderful fruit act as a delicious treat for cats. Cats can enjoy the health benefits of delicious fruit but feeding moderate amount is safe for your feline friends.
Nutrients in watermelon
This tropical fruit is full of sugar and water. Also, it is rich in lycopene which good for bone health and heart disease. Here is the list of nutrients present in watermelon.
- Vitamin A, C, B1, B6
- Vitamin C
- Carotenoid Lycopene
- Pantothenic Acid
- Phenolic Antioxidants
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B6
In addition, ripe watermelon has more nutrients than unripe white watermelon.
Heath benefits of watermelon for cats
- As watermelon is low in calories, it’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- It is the best treat during summer because it contains 90% of water, which is used to fight against dehydration.
- This fruit contains dietary fiber that helps in your cat’s digestion system.
- Also, it is used to maintain a healthy life free from many diseases.
Is watermelon is bad for cats?
As watermelon is rich in sugar, avoid feeding watermelons to your cats which suffers from diabetes. High protein meat is the natural food for cats so, feeding a moderate amount of watermelon will do the best.
Watermelons are one of the delightful treats for cats but don’t feed them as the main food. Overfeeding watermelon to your feline friend may cause digestive problems because the digestive system of cats cannot digest high sugar as humans.
Can cats eat watermelon rind?
Watermelon rind is beneficial to humans but when it comes to your feline friend it has more risk than good. Generally, it’s hard for cats to digest which cause gastrointestinal upset.
Can cats eat watermelon seeds?
To avoid complications, remove seeds of watermelon before feeding your cats. Which may result in following issues like –
- Intestinal blockage
- Cyanide-based poisoning due to cyanogenic glycosides in watermelon seeds.
Symptoms of watermelon allergies to your cats
- Internal damage
- Intestinal blockage
Precautions before feeding watermelons to cats
- Remove seeds and rind of watermelon before serving.
- If your cat suffers from diabetes then avoid feeding watermelon.
- Only a fresh centre part of the watermelon should be fed to your feline friend.