Can Dogs Eat Grapes Or Raisins? No, grapes and raisins are highly toxic in nature for a dog and they can cause serious kidney problems.
In case if your dog exhibits any of these signs, take him to a vet as soon as possible
- Kidney failure
- Complete cessation or decreased flow of urine
- Check for dehydration signs. The skin behind the dog’s neck should look hale and healthy. Pale gums, dry mouth and nose, and panting.
- Abdominal area feels tender when touched and painful
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Unusual stillness, weakness, and lethargy
- Loss of appetite
Never hesitate to take your dog for treatment immediately.
Cause Of Grapes Poisoning
Raisin or grape ingestion can cause serious health issues for some dogs while other dogs manage to survive large amounts. In other words, seedless or peeled grapes are considered very toxic for dogs.
Treatment For Grapes Poisoning
In case, if you are cent per cent sure that your dog consumed raisins or grapes, you must induce vomiting.
However, avoid inducing vomiting if
- not sure whether your dog has eaten grapes
- Your dog showing signs of shock and distress
- Dog exhibiting signs of breathlessness
- Unconscious for a long time
Contact your vet for further treatment and if the vet asks you to start vomiting, you just try this method.
- If your dog has not consumed any food for the last couple of hours, feed him. So, this will force the dog to vomit.
- Measure hydrogen peroxide(1 ml) with a teaspoon or using a syringe. Do not cross 45 ml
(hydrogen peroxide) at any cost irrespective of your dog’s weight.
- Insert the chemical into dog’s mouth.
- Usually, vomiting will happen within first 15 minutes after administration. But, try using this method not more than two times at 15 minutes interval in-between.
- Finally, never hesitate to contact your vet if you feel a professional assistance is needed.