Can Dogs Eat Apples? Apple slices are safe for dogs since they are useful in cleaning the dog’s teeth and also helps to freshen their breath. Apples contain vitamin C and A and are also high in fiber content. Apple seeds contain a chemical called as amygdalin, a toxic component which is poisonous in nature.
Apple seed contains cyanide, which is a toxic substance. So, don’t feed seeds to your dogs. Feeding more apples to your dog may cause bellyache and diarrhoea. So, feed them in moderate level.
Use apples in your recipe and give a treat for dogs. One of the best recipes for dogs is Dog Apple Pretzels. Apples are affordable, fantastic, healthy and a low calorie treats for dogs but make sure that core and seeds of apple are removed before feeding.
How Can I Feed My Dog With Apples? Can Dogs Eat Apples?
Some dogs are prone to certain illness, so they should limit their meaty treats due to some protein restrictions and stick to low-calorie foods. In this case, Apple will be the best treat for those dogs.
According to some vets, feeding apples to an active young dog will avoid joint disease. It is important to remove the core and the seeds before feeding them in general.
Cinnamon Apple Bones
- 1 cup of apple
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- ½ cup of wheat flour
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut the apple into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients except flour.
- Fold the flour until your dough is ready to roll out.
- Drop the dough into circles and flat it.
- Beak for 3o minutes, then apply peanut butter on it.
- Again cook it for 30 minutes and leave it to cool.
- Peanut butter will harden and make a tasty frosting.
- Serve your dogs treat and surprise your dog.
- Your dog will enjoy this treat and it is even more beneficial to dog’s health.