Yes, dogs can eat peas. Peas are the healthiest for your dog as they have a great source of vitamins and minerals. They are also rich in protein and high in fiber. But, every food has its drawbacks as well.
Advantages Of Feeding Peas To Dogs
- Peas contain protein, the predominant content of dog diet.
- Helps to improve the immune systems of dogs.
- Anti-inflammatory properties in peas help to prevent cancer and tumor in dogs.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin in peas are vital for dogs eyes.
- Helps the dog to recover fast from the joint problem.
- Contains low calories
- Boosts energy levels in dogs
- Helps to maintain weight and lowers cholesterol
Drawbacks Of Feeding Peas To Dogs
Which Variety Is Suitable For Dogs?
Peas are of different varieties like garden peas or English peas, snap peas or sugar snap peas and snow peas. Each variety differs in size and sweetness. It is much important to know which variety of peas is suitable for your dog.
- Sugar snap peas are the most suitable for dogs as they are easily digestible.
- Canned and frozen peas are fine but ensure that there is no extra sodium added.
- Raw peas are also fine to feed, but it will be difficult for the dogs to break down it.
Can You Give Your Dogs Peas Daily?
Yes, you can give your dogs peas on a daily basis. But try to give a moderate amount. Use fresh peas always and it should be prepared in a proper manner else it may be harmful to your dog.
Can Dogs Eat Pea Pods?
Yes! They eat pea pods but dogs may feel choking if the peas are not cut into small pieces.
Can Dogs Eat Peas And Corn?
Yup! Dogs eat peas and corn. But ensure that you are giving the small amount of them because dogs are not able to digest corn sometimes.