Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Chicken is a complete form of healthy food that not only keeps your canine friend healthy but also its gut and skin and the coat becomes disease-free and healthy. The reason is, chicken is packed with full nutrients.
It’s a great source of protein, which helps in building the lean muscles of your dog. Proteins also provide a powerful punch of energy to your furry friend.
Apart from this, it has a high quantity of omega-6- 6 fatty acids which are known to give extra-ordinary shine to dogs’ coats and make them tangle-free.
Different amino acids and glucosamine are helpful in making dogs bone healthy. Luckily, chicken has a rich amount of these gold ingredients as well.
A chicken-based diet is considered one of the best diets for dogs that have dental issues and sensitive digestive systems.
With so many benefits of chicken, keep in mind that feeding them raw chicken might worsen the situation. So it’s always the best option to feed your pups a rightly cooked chicken.
To know more about Dog diet, training, and more, Visit now on WE Love DOODLES
This article will tell you some quick yet effective ways to cook chicken for your dogs in such a way that its nutritional value remains intact.
So, let’s get started!
Some Of The Right Way To Cook Chicken For Your Dog
Raw chicken meat has some level of bacterial contamination along with salmonella. Such chicken may cause life-threatening diseases to your dog.
In addition to this, there is a risk of choking if the dog is served boned raw meat. Not only this, the boned chicken may break teeth or cause any internal injury.
So, a big no to raw chicken.
There are several different ways of making delicious yet nutritious chicken. As I believe that feeding boil chicken as a routine may make your dog lose interest in lunch. So why not try some variations.
Give chicken but in cooked differently.
There are three ways that you can adopt to cook chicken for your dog:
- Boil chicken
- Grilled chicken
- Baked chicken
Making Boil Chicken For Your Dog
Boiling any meat is the simplest method. Simple plain boiled chicken is best for your dog. avoid adding any seasoning like black pepper or garlic powder as this will make their stomach upset.
The unseasoned boiled chicken will not sound appetizing to you but trust me, your pooch will love its natural taste.
So let’s start making boil chicken for dinner. You will need:
- Three skinless and boneless chicken breast pieces
- The water around 1 liter
- A medium-sized pot.
- Defrost the chicken, if it’s freeze(if it’s fresh then move on to step 2).
- Take the boneless and skinless chicken and wash it thoroughly.
- Place the chicken meat in a medium-sized pot and pour 1 liter of water into it. Make sure that all the chicken meat is dipped into the water.
- Put the pot on flame and cover it with a lid.
- Bring the water to boil and then boil the chicken for 12 minutes over high heat.
- After 12 minutes, take out the meat pieces onto the plate
- With the help of two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces, so that your pooch can easily enjoy it. Meat is still hot.
- Once it’s completely shredded, and then let the chicken cool off for 10-12 minutes.
- It’s done and it’s ready to be served.
- You can keep the shredded chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate it for the next meal.
- You can add this shredded boil chicken with dog food to enhance the taste of chicken. This way your dog will be full of protein-rich food.
- For dogs with a sensitive stomach, you can add shredded boil chicken to white boiled rice and mashed it thoroughly. For boiling rice, you can use chicken broth.
- Even a tablespoon f yogurt or canned pumpkin with boiled chicken and rice will be a great option to serve a dog with a sensitive stomach.
Making Baked Chicken For Your Dog
If you want to give a change to your dog but with the same nutritional benefits then the baked chicken is the best option.
For your kind information, baked chicken is the 2nd best recommendation to cook chicken.
Baking enhances the taste of chicken. So in another word, you can opt for this method if your dog is bored of eating boiled chicken.
Like boiled chicken, you don’t need to add any seasoning into the baked chicken. It’s a simple and easy way of cooking chicken with less mess. You will need:
- Three boneless and skinless chicken breast
- An oven
- Non-stick cooking spray or aluminum foil
- Few kitchen towels
- Cooking thermometer
- Defrost the chicken if it’s frozen otherwise move on to step 2
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the chicken meat thoroughly and pat dry it using a kitchen towel.
- Take the pan and apply a non-stick cooking spray or you can spread a thin sheet of aluminum foil as well n the bottom of the pan.
- Place the chicken meat in the pan.
- Check the oven either it’s ready or not, using a kitchen thermometer.
- Once the oven is ready, place the pan inside the oven and bake it for a good 20-30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, keep checking your chicken with the kitchen thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should not less than 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the chicken is done, take the pan out from the oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces. You can even cut the baked chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Chicken is ready to be served.
- Keep this baked chicken in an airtight bowl and serve it with dog food.
- Like boil chicken, it can also be served with mashed rice along with canned pumpkin or yogurt.
Making Grilled Chicken For Your Dog
Like the human, grilled items are also loved by dogs like grilled meat!
So let’s make a grilled chicken for your dog and serve them as treat for performing well in a dog show!
Grilled chicken is again very easy to prepare. Like boiled and baked chicken, you also don’t need to add any seasoning to it as it might make their stomach upset.
But yes, you can mix this grilled chicken with some veggies like zucchini, green beans, and grilled potato.
For this, you will need a BBQ griller. Dogs enjoy grilled meat and when they came to know that you are making their meal, they will surely get hyper-activated.
So do follow the below-mentioned BBQ dogs Safety tip, which are:
- Keep leftover bones ribs and other boned parts of meat in a covered container.
- When the griller is not in use, but its lid down to prevent curious pups from putting their feet on a hot grill.
- Keep charcoal, lighter fluid, and matches out of their reach
- While grilling food for your dog, secure your dog with a leash.
To Wrap Up!
Instead of serving dog kibbles as treat, it’s better to serve cooked chicken instead. It’s healthy and full of valuable nutrition.
In fact, chicken helps dogs in gaining weight and mass.
For dogs with a sensitive stomach, chicken is indeed the best food to be served.
But remember everything suits well within a certain limit. Feeding daily might cause some problems for them.
Show some love and serve cooked chicken occasionally to your furry friend.