Rating: 4.33/5 (3 votes)
Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
What Can Dogs Eat For Breakfast? Indeed, it is the most frequently asked question asked by the pet owners.
What Can Dogs Eat For Breakfast? - Infographic
The Foods That Are Best Suited For Dogs To Eat For Breakfast
- Green beans and Peas – Green beans provide vitamin K and C while peas contain potassium in good quantities. Both are low-calorie, healthy nutrients.
- Apples – Apples provide a nice source of vitamin C and A. Remove the core and the seeds and feed your dog with small quantities of apple slices.
- Pasta and rice – Whole wheat and plain pasta are a brilliant source of energy and avoid feeding acidic or fatty sauces.
- Sweet potatoes and Pumpkin – They both provide a rich source of vitamin A and beta-carotene and help to manage the digestive system of your dog’s.
- Salmon – A nice source for the dog’s skin and also coat health, providing omega 3- fats.
- Lean Proteins – Feed them with foods that are particularly free from wines, oils, and seasonings or vegetables. Lean proteins generally refer to beef, turkey, and chicken
- Yogurt – The Greek yogurt act as a rich source of protein. However, avoid those that are high in preservatives and sugar
- Peanut Butter – Provides a rich source of fiber and also protein; nevertheless, the ones containing the toxic xylitol must be definitely avoided.
There Are Other Foods Which Dogs Should Not Be Fed
Never feed them with
- Xylitol-based products such as peanut butter, toothpaste, baking goods, lollies, sugar-free made chewing gum,
- Fish on a daily basis
- Green unripe potatoes and tomatoes
- Fruit seeds
- Pits and fruit stones
- Macadamia nuts or other nuts
- Yeast dough
- Bread dough
- Compost or spoiled or moldy foods
- Coffee products besides caffeine
- Onion powder
- Cooked bones can lead to gastrointestinal issues due to their splinter nature.
The Best Way To Choose The Ideal Dog Food
- But food products that have ‘balanced’ and complete” mentioned in the packing.
- Consider all the health issues your dog might suffer from
- Ask the veterinarian for help
- Also, be careful with home-cooked food items
- Above all, keep pet poison center number ready with you- 855- 764- 7661
- Pet Poison Control Center
A service of SafetyCall International, PLLC.
3600 American Boulevard W., Suite 725
Overall, never rush with your own ideas and it is always best to contact a vet whenever you are in doubt.