With activity and location tracking, innovative smart pet trackers ensure that your pet is healthy as well as safe. At any cost, dog owners try anything under the sun to keep their pets safe.
With the brilliant advances in the field of wearable technology, it looks really like an exciting 2018. Yeah, it’s definitely not a military secret that we all adore our dogs or cats or whatever it is.
In fact, we scout for a new product every now and then and we always settle for the best. To make your job super easy, we have assembled a unique list of 10 smart pet trackers.
Top Rated Dog Trainers / Walkers / Breeders In Your Area
Ankia Smart Tag Tracker
Weight - 1.44 ounces
Track anything using the GPS pet tracker
One touch find the option
Not a reliable waterproof item
The Ankia Pet tracker is an exceptionally lightweight, and thin Bluetooth pet tracker that connects to Android or Apple devices.
Features of Ankia Smart Tag
- The Electronic key fob instantly alerts the user.
- However, contact monitoring of your pet is not available with this device.
- On the other hand, Ankia gives the last known location and also displays the specific location on the inbuilt map.
- For the reasonable price, Ankia displays good transmission distance, it receives meters indoors and 50 meters outdoors.
- In addition, Ankia Smart Tag can be attached to any object and use the app.
Tractive GPS Tracker
Battery life – 2 to 5 days
Product Dimensions - 2.0 x 1.6 x 0.6 inches
Weight - 1.23 ounces
Supports a wide range of devices
Monthly fees of USD $ 5.00
Based on 2G & 2.5 G tech
Tractive strongly believes that owners and their pets share a unique affectionate bond. Strengthening that bond by exactly pinpointing the location of your pet with real-time the update is Tractive’s USP.
This pet tracker also works effectively for a variety of situations including suitcases, cars, and people. Other than that, Tractive GPS features both lightweight as well as waterproof design.
In other words, Tractive offers a competitive pet tracker for every pet owner.
Features of Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
- One of the most important features of Tractive GPS pet tracker, as the name suggests, is the “Real –Time GPS LIVE” feature. With this feature, you can exactly locate your pets with ease.
- In addition, with the presence of integrated virtual fence, also called as “Geofence”, Tractive sends you immediate messages in case your pet moves away from a safe zone.
- Tractive apps are available as free download for Android or iOS.
- Moreover, Tractive products are quite easy and robust to use. They are almost unbreakable and 100% waterproof.
- Location history feature shows where your pet had been recently and also where he is right now.
- Tractive apps should make your pets lives, even more, simpler by providing a wide range of options such as Tractive Photos, Dog Walk, and Tractive GPS.
Spy Tec STI GL 300 Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
Battery life – 2 weeks
Product Dimensions - 0.9 x 1.5 x 2.7 inches
Weight - 8 ounces
Availability of excellent customer care
An accelerometer turns off the device to increase battery life
Extra payment necessary to unlock certain features
The GL-300 looks less appealing and much big than its counterparts
The Spy Tec STI GL 300 Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker will gladly locate your pet no matter wherever he is, with prompt real-time information. Firstly, Spy Tec ensures the latest surveillance and spy equipment.
Importantly, while this Spy Tec is not only made for dogs, you can simply clip this onto your dog’s pack. Additionally, the Spy Tec tracker provides a lifetime warranty. The STI GL300 tracks location with exact accuracy.
Also, the GL300 sends you the real-tracking information you need. Furthermore, the GL300 fits into a bag or purse since it’s not more than 2 inches long.
Not to mention, the Spy Tec’s geo-fence feature enables you to create a safe perimeter and receive alerts as and when the target leaves or enters that area.
Features of Spy Tec STI GL 300 Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
- Different customized reports are available based on user requirement
- Capacity to store and retrieve one year of pet data
- The tracker also provides directions on Google Earth and Google Maps
- Also includes full Geo-Fence option
- Rechargeable Battery life lasts up to a fortnight
- In addition, Spy Tec tracker sends Speed Alerts using Text Message and E-mail
- Remote access also available and you can track your pet using your phone, tablet, and computer
- With real-time GPS, the pet owner can easily track any object, vehicle, or person
LINK AKC Dog Collar - Activity Monitor and GPS Tracker
Product Dimensions - 18.5 x 1 x 0.1 inches
Weight - 17.6 ounces
Consists of remote-activated LEDs
Includes sound function for positive reinforcement
Provides temperature check, insights, and GPS functions
Activates Push notifications using Android/iOS app
Contains premium latigo collar
Too small and bulky for small breed dogs
Does not work without any service plan
It’s not a surprise that pet owners always seek the best and LINK AKC does not disappoint with this tracker. The LINK AKC smart collar combines fashion and technology.
Firstly, the collar is designed in a unique-convex shape to remain close to your pet’s neck. In addition, with this smart collar, you can receive and set custom notifications and also track your pet’s location.
Furthermore, the LINK dog tracker provides daily recommendations and activity monitoring system.
SportDOG Brand TEK Series
Weight - 20.32 ounces
1:100,000 unlimited map updates and preloaded maps
Water-resistant collar and handheld instrument
Covers a wide range around 10 miles
Expandable system and easily tracks around 21 pets
Simple and effective geofence creation
Consists of GLONASS plus GPS
Battery life does not meet our expectations
The SportDOG Brand 2.0 consists of HopTek technology, which assists you to track not less than 21 dogs. Moreover, this tracker captures exact data from constellations and satellite using GLONASS technology.
Besides its superior activity range, such patented technology supports superior resistance to some signal disturbances. In addition, the tracker offers 1: 100,000 maps plus unlimited lifetime.
Also, the user can create a geofence using the handheld instrument. Furthermore, you can definitely save more than 20 waypoints.
Features of SportDog Tek 2.0 Series
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries
- Collar Receiver is submersible and contains DryTek technology
- Distinct tone and vibration options
- Bluetooth compatible
Paw Prints ID QR Smart GPS Tracker
Weight - 0.6 ounces
Requires zero activation or subscription charges
Works fine with both iPhone and Android sets
Not suitable for types of dogs
The pawprints Tag stores all the important details in the scan. In case, if your dog loses its way and gets discovered by a friendly person, the scan of the tag reveals your dog’s contact and other details.
This means PawPrintsID functions to get dogs found fast, and their unique QR Smart GPS makes recovery possible. Here, the pet owners receive quick GPS email and text messages when someone scans your dog’s tag.
Importantly, PawPrints ID requires no monthly fees or subscription.
Features of Paw Prints ID
- The owner can store all types of documents or photo in the tag
- This tag also provides unlimited reminder alerts
- Another important feature includes multi-pet awareness
- Records your pet’s health information including X-rays and medical records
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker
Battery life – Almost a week
Product Dimensions - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.6 inches
Weight - 0.96 ounces
Moreover, this tracker works well even under wet conditions
Being pet-friendly, Whistle 3 suits all types of dog collar.
The tracking tag weighs only 1 ounce
At times, the live tracking feature takes time for an update.
Some pet owners may feel that this gadget appears a bit bulky for small breeds.
Not to mention, pet owners should pay a regular monthly fee and use the app.
One of the finest pet tracker available in the market, Whistle 3 performs accurately and is also easy to use. Indeed, Whistle 3 also consists of a health-tracking mechanism, converting it into a smartwatch like an accessory for your pet.
Features of Whistle 3 Pet Tracker
- This tracker provides alerts via text notification, app, or email when your pet vanishes from your eyesight.
- Moreover, the app supports nationwide coverage with a minimum subscription charge.
- With this tracker, the pet owner can easily track and keep note of all the places visited by their pet in the last 24 hours.
- The Whistle 3 contains one of the longest battery of its kind and definitely lasts up to a week.
- But bear in mind, battery life depends on the strength of mobile and Wi-Fi coverage in your locality.
- Furthermore, the tracker sends notification as and when the battery requires a charge. In addition, a full charge requires only 2 hours maximum.
Garmin TT 15 Pet tracker
Weight - 6.6 ounces
Even located your dog easily in dim-light
TT 15 includes 1-inch collar strap with enough replacement straps
A pricey model
Constant waypoint pop-ups
Although this Garmin TT 15 tracker is quite expensive, this tracker provides serious tracking. Also, in addition with Garmin Astro 320 or Alpha 100, this tracker’s GLONASS/GPS enables you to locate your pet almost accurately.
This 1-inch collar is strong enough to handle water to a depth of 10 meters.
Features of Garmin TT 15 Dog Tracker
A powerful, top-mounted GLONASS/GPS receiver, Garmin TT15 supports 18 different levels of momentary and continuous training. Stimulation feature allows you to train your pet separately- and traditional stimulation allows different changes.
DOTT Dog Tag
Weight - 1.6 ounces
Tracks distance and duration of walks and ensures that the pet remains healthy
Moreover, shares pet care details and maintain your pet’s schedule
Features long battery life
This does not feature GPS tracking facility
If you use an iPad or iPhone, this smart DOTT tag might prove to be your best option. This tracker tag works fine with any mobile and easily picks any signal. Additionally, this tag does not require any monthly or activation fees to use the tag.
Features of DOTT Dog Tag
- This tag works better than an ordinary microchip and there is no need for any scanner
- Active search functions and digital lost pet messages are provided by 24/7 DOTT
- Features a battery life of 6 to 9 months
- Consists of 360 Pet care; displays alerts for pet poisons, flood, and heat. Also tracks medication, potty breaks, and dog walks
- No subscription or monthly fees
- Extremely compatible with iPad devices and iPhone (iOS 9.3 or above) and Android Beta
Dynotag Pet Tag
Weight - 0.16 ounces
Small and compact in size
GPS tracking does not work every time
Epoxy coating appear mild and weak
QR Code does not function at times
The Dynotag GPS Enabled Smart Pet Tag allows you to track your pet without spending anything for apps, batteries, or monthly fees. This pet tracker will definitely guide you find your pet dog without any extra fuss.
Moreover, reading the tag, “Oh Crap. I’m Lost” enables the pet owner to exactly locate your pet through the tag. In this case, Dynotag designs products with a unique QR code that help you find you’re most esteemed possessions.
This GPS/Web-enabled QR Code GPS dog tracker slightly differs from other dog trackers. In addition, this tag connects a private web page and supports a pet management system.
How does this tag work?
When someone scans your Dynotag, the tag’s exact location is sent to the pet owner using the passive GPS technology. Moreover, this product comes in 4 color variants.
Features of Dynotag GPS or Web-Enabled QR Code Pet Tag
- This Dynotag is available in different color variants such as red, purple, green, and blue.
- You can also add information to the dynotag.com website and safely secure it using a password.
- Lifetime subscription also included
- The pet owners can follow the pet each and every time the tags are scanned
- There is no need for any batteries
- With strong protective polymers, the Dynotag is impact-proof, waterproof, and also durable.