Can Dogs Eat Raspberries? Yes, they can eat raspberries in moderation. Raspberries contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that have the capacity to relieve joint pains in dogs.
Benefits Of Raspberries For Dogs
- They are high in vitamin C, manganese, and fibre. In general, they contain or have Vitamin B-complex, K, and C.
- Rich minerals such as magnesium, iron, folic acid, copper, manganese, and potassium present in this fruit contribute much to good health.
- Powerful antioxidants present fights free radicals and minimize the possibility of diseases like arthritis, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- Dietary fibre content helps your dog to stay in shape and improves their digestive capacity.
How To Feed Raspberry To My Dog?
Raspberries should be washed before feeding your dogs. It will remove the chemical spray and pesticides used in supermarket and farms. There is no work other than washing the fruit because does not have seed, stem, core or skin like other fruits.
Can I Feed Raspberries To My Puppy?
Of course, you can feed raspberries to your puppies, but it’s better to try one and observe its reaction if there are no discomforts for a few hours then continue feeding or else stop feeding. Always it’s better to feed your dogs with three or four raspberries a day not more than that.
Remember, in spite of having all these benefits they also contain xylitol. So for your question ‘Can dogs eat raspberries?’, the response will be to feed your dogs with raspberries in moderation.
Side Effects Of Raspberries
- They contain high levels of natural sweetener known as xylitol, which can cause life-threatening diseases such as hypoglycemia and liver disease in dogs.
- Other health troubles include constipation, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- In case of feeding your puppy with raspberries, start by feeding them with small pieces. Observe their reaction and then feed them more or stop feeding.
- Restrict the total feeding to not more than 1 bowl. Wash them thoroughly to remove all the pesticides and chemical sprays before feeding them.
Frozen Raspberry - Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
- ½ cup of pineapple(cut into cubes)
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- Add raspberries, pineapple chunks, perfect form and pineapple juice in a blender.
- Blend it until smooth.
- Fill it in silicone moulds and freeze it overnight.
- Remove frozen treat from the mould.
- Serve this cool treat to your dogs.