Black cats are beautiful creatures that amaze you always. Cats with black shiny fur and jellybean toes make you fall head over heels for them. They deserve your love and attention.
Cats also have the ability to recognize our voices. So, a purrfect name will definitely attract a cat and makes happy!
Although it’s easy to name it based on its color, you can also have unique, adorable and even Halloween names for it!
Let’s look at how you can name your black cat based on gender and various categories.
You May Like To Read:
Male Black Cat Names
How do you choose a black cat name? Choosing a name is a hard decision. It’s something that you are going to use for a long time to come.
Pick a name that rightly fits your cat’s appearance and personality. Make sure it gels completely with your own personal taste.
Black seems to appear as a cool color in the feline kingdom. And, in fact, black cats are considered auspicious in Japan. They believe that a woman who owns a black cat will have plenty of suitors.
In Egypt, people believe that the so-called Goddess Bastet considered black cats as lucky. She was the local deity of Per-Bast town, where her followers were in plenty.
There are plenty of amazing black cat names. There is no wrong or right answer when it ideally comes to what or how to name a beautiful black cat.
We all do know felines recognize our voices. So, do choose a nice name for your black cat.
- Arnie – Strong like an eagle
- Ashton – Short name of the American Actor “Ashton Kutcher”
- Billy – Cat in Hindi Language
- Cinder – Partly burnt wood or coal material
- Cosmo – Refer to universe
- Danny – Short name of the American rapper “Danny Brown”
- Dot – A small round spot
- Domino – Lord in French
- Dusk – Evening
- Dylan – Lord
- Ember – Spark in Hungarian
- Flash – Light
- Gizmo – Fictional character
- Grayson – Name of the fictional superhero “Dick Grayson”
- Jaguar – A large cat
- Jimmy – Supplant
- Micky – Gift from god in Hebrew
- Monet – Protector’s descendant
- Nimbus – A large, gray-colored rain cloud
- Patrick – Noble
- Pepper – A black-colored spice
- Pluto – Greek god of underworld
- Smoke – Vapor from fire
- Timmy – God’s honor in Greek
- Vader – Derived from the fictional character “Darth Vader” from Star Wars
Female Black Cat Names
There’s something mystic around black cats. Female black cats are a rare kind and their chosen names should reflect their identity and personality.
If your cat has a strong affinity for roaming in the garden, pick a floral name like Lily or Rosie.
If she has an adorable white marking on her belly, why don’t you try a cookie inspired name? Some cat owners prefer a girly name, and in that case, Bella is awesome.
Getting creative or experimental with black cat names can be really fun. It’s a really great way to choose something out of the box.
There are certain things that are considered amazingly cool. For instance, cruiser bikes and velvet leather jackets.
Ponder about a subject area or topic that you find great. A name that sounds interesting is most likely to come from things that you all rave about. Put on your thinking cap and let the creative mind flow with ideas!
- Alma – Kind in Latin
- Angela – God’s messenger in Latin
- Ava – Bird in Latin
- Andrina – Brave
- Brunette – A woman with dark brown hair
- Espresso – Black coffee
- Cadbury – Chocolate brand
- Chelsea – An area in West London
- Cheshire – Fictional character from Alice in Wonderland
- Coffee – A brew
- Dahlia – A flower
- Emily – Industrious in German
- Enigma – Mysterious
- Eva – Life in Latin
- Hex – Hedge in German
- Ivy – Faithful
- Felicia – Happy
- Justina – Fair in Latin
- Leila – Dark beauty, night in Arabic language
- Lena – Light in Russian language
- Lexi – Meaning “to defend” in Greek
- Licorice – A sweet and chewy aromatic black substance
- Magpie – Bird of Corvidae family
- Molass – The refined product of sugar
- Nefertiti – Name of European princess
- Nestle – A chocolate brand
- Olive – A spice
- Ophelia – Derived from a dark and mysterious play
- Oreo – A cookie
- Orla – Meaning “golden princess”
- Pepsi – Carbonated soft drink
- Pudding – A sausage
- Rose – Beautiful black rose
- Sable – Black
- Satin – A smooth and shiny cloth
- Shadow – Dark area
- Sheba – Promise in Hebrew
- Spade – A rank in the playing card
- Spook – Ghost in Dutch
- Sunset – Fading time of sun light
- Tenebris – Meaning “darkness” in Latin
- Tilly – Strength in German
- Trixie – Brings joy
- Twilight – Sunset
- Varda – Rose
- Velvet – Soft
- Wilma – Means resolute protector in Dutch
- Zara – Meaning “Princess” in Russian language
- Ziggy – Victorious peace in German
- Zerlina – Beautiful dawn
Unique Black Cat Names
You want a name that stands out from the rest. Are you searching for a unique black cat name that’s filled with individuality?
If you are finding it difficult to come up with a really inventive name, then this is it.
Don’t cry if your black cat is not the darkest possible shade of black. The best thing when working to choose a fun name for your dark colored cat is choosing one that blends well with their natural personality.
Try different possible name combinations, if you prefer a more majestic or a longer name for your black cat.
The one and only best black cat legend you should ever pay heed are that these cats are amazing.
You can also choose names that mean “black” and this could be really ideal for your black cat.
Naming your feline after qualities you wish him or her to have is great.
- Asher – Happy in Hebrew
- Bonfire – Large, open-air fire
- Bump – A light blow
- Chess – A two player board game
- Diesel – A fuel used for ignition
- Domino – Lord in Latin
- Iron – A holy metal
- Gloom – Partial or total darkness
- Haze – An atmospheric obscuration caused by smoke, dust and other dry particles
- Kuro – Black in Japanese
- Meow – Sound produced by your cat!
- Nightfall – Dusk
- Siyah – Black in Turkish
- Yin – Shade in Chinese
- Wakuda – Wisdom
Black Cat Names From Movies
Black cats have a marvelously ridiculous personality, shining eyes, and glossy fur.
We always wish to show our love for our beautiful, mysterious, and witty cat friends.
Unfortunately, these cute animals are the least animals likely to be brought home from shelters because of their star status.
Felix the Cat starred in a cartoon in 1919. Even today, people recognize this cartoon cat with love and appreciation. With his splendid big eyes and wide smile, this cat “spoke” the language of love which cartoon lovers still cherish worldwide.
Socks and Felix are Disney cat names that are more popular; your kitten or cat needs a cool name, a Disney name.
If you ready to keen to be part of pop culture, no name would do. No, you will need a distinctive and special name, something that says, about his temperament.
There are plenty of feline characters that inspire you in the right way.
- Binx – The black cat from the movie “Hocus Pocus”
- Felix – A funny cartoon character
- Figaro – Black cat from the fantasy drama “Pinocchio”
- General – The mysterious black cat from the movie “Cat’s Eye”
- Knight – A fictional character
- Lucifer – Fictional cat from the cartoon movie “Cindrella”
- Panther – Refers to the black panther from the novel “Jungle Book”
- Pluto – A fictional cat from the short story “The Black Cat”
- Salem – The cheeky, black cat from the movie “Sabrina, the Teenage witch”
- Sassy – A cat from the movie “Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey”
- Scat – A fictional cat from the movie “Aristocrats”
- Selina – Name of the actor “Selina Kyle” who played the fictional character “Cat Woman”
- Sylvester – The fictional character from the animated series “Looney Toons”
- Tom – The famous cartoon character from “Tom and Jerry” animated series
- Zorro – A fictional character created by American writer Johnston McCulley
Unisex Black Cat Names
Searching for that ideal name for your black kitty? Try unisex names and they are a good option.
As any cat lover will tell you, choosing the right name is really important. The chosen name can ideally shape and glorify your cat’s true personality, and, most remarkably, you will have to utter it day after day.
Unisex cat names have been rising in popularity for thousands of reasons.
These names are fun, cute, and provide flexibility. You can choose these names for both sexes of your pet.
Unisex cat names sound both creative and modern, and to top it all, you gain extra flexibility when choosing out the gender.
Selecting the right name is the best decision as a pet parent. You can find plenty of options with the choice of names given below.
You don’t really have to stress and worry whether it will work for your cat or not.
- Blacky – A purrfect name for your Black cat
- Blackberry – Fruit
- Buster – A person who overpowers others
- Clover – A spice
- Cross – A geometrical figure having two intersecting lines
- Kennedy – Meaning “Helmeted chief” in Gaelic language
- Dice – A small cube having spots on all sides
- Eye – Organ
- Ebony – Dark brown timber from a tropical tree
- Emery – An abrasive that is grayish-black in color
- Gato – Cat
- Gypsy – Wanderer
- Midnight – Middle period of the night
- Falcon – A bird with long pointed wings and a notched beak
- Noir – Black Goddess in French
- Ozzy – Cryptic Prince of Darkness
- Sunny – Cheerful
- Spider – An arthropod
- Spirit – Soul
- Raven – A complete Black passerine bird
Halloween Names For Black Cats
Halloween cat names carry an air of real spookiness. At one time in history, felines were considered as a creature derived from the witches.
The famous writer Edgar Allen Poe presented a short story which talked about the black felines and the superstition associated with it.
Looks are important to go with. You can name your cat as Jinx, Genie, or Raven. A cat born in the zodiac sign Scorpio is investigative and uncanny. A Scorpio feline will pick a way to accomplish what he wants.
Boo makes an excellent Halloween name. Get naughty with names like Whisker, Terrie, Spider.
If your cat has got a mask around his eyes, Bandit is a cute name. You could use the name Ouija, Fortune, or Pendulum.
Some of the other famous names include Frankenstein, Wolfman, and Dracula. Beetlejuice is also a cute name. If you prefer witch-based names, Hermione, and Elphaba are good choices.
- Beast – A large, dangerous, four-footed fictional animal
- Carrie – An iconic Halloween character
- Demon – An evil spirit
- Dracula – A well-known vampire
- Ding Dong – A Halloween character
- Doom – Meaning Catastrophe
- Edgar – Powerful
- Fang – Member of Cameroon clan
- Fester – Annoying
- Fortune – Luck
- Freddy – Peaceful ruler
- Gato – Meaning cat in Spanish
- Harry – Derived from the movie “Harry Potter”
- Hocus Pocus – Common slang used by stage magicians
- Jack – Representing Soldier
- Jason – Greek name meaning Healer
- Medusa – Monster in Greek mythology
- Munster – Cathedral tower
- Mystery – Difficult to understand
- Norman – A Halloween character
- Phantom – Ghost
- Rollo – A Halloween character
- Rosemary – She is a zombie girl
- Vampire – A corpse that drinks blood of living being at night
- Warlock – A person who uses magic against others
- Wednesday – The glum daughter in American black sitcom “The Addams Family”
- Witch – A women with magical powers
- Wizard – A fictional man having magical powers
- Voodoo – Practice of the Black religious cult in the southern United States
- Zombie – A fictional corpse created through reanimation of human corpse
Funny Black Cat Names
Felines are smart, funny, and delicate. Whether you are in search of a funny or comical cat name, look no further.
Cats are master entertainers and provide us with non-stop laughter and joy.
Picking a funny name guarantees one more extra chance that will improve the mood of your guests every time they meet you.
Being comical by nature, cats have the ability to keep us entertained. Imagine this scene. A kitten chasing its own tail in circles. A cat is afraid of its own reflection.
Cats were brought home some 4,000 years ago and domesticated. These cats were regarded as sacred as a temple priest in China and Egypt.
Does your pet cat seem more kind and patient? Are you searching for a name that sound’s comedic? Your black cat definitely warrants a special comedic name that complements their mysterious and wild nature.
Pop-culture-inspired cat names are also recommended for your black cat.
- Catsanova – For your loving and friendly cat!
- Catzilla – Modified name of the film Godzilla
- Fraidy – A cartoon character from the show “Fraidy Cat”
- Fluffy – Referring your fur baby
- Ghost – Soul of a dead person
- Jennifur – Modified name of Jenifer Lopez
- Kitana – A fictional character in the fighting game Mortal Kombat II
- Ninja – Fictional character in the animated television series
- Nyan – A meme that was widespread in the Internet a few years back!
- Whispurr – A pun name for your whisker!
Italian Black Cat Names
Pronto! Maybe, an energetic Italian black cat name wants you are are searching for. In Italian folktales, felines are considered a bit of tricky.
Some cats can be good as “Papa Gatto” or “ Puss in Boot” or more deceitful than the “Pinocchio” cat.
Italian names are more like poetry.
Saints are a big draw in Italy. Talking of saints, why not name your pet after one. Francesca or Franco would be ideal.
Another popular saint name is Uberto. “Ariel” in the Italian language refers to “ Lion of God.”
Pasta, Farfalle, Gigli, Lasagna, Bavette, Rotelle, and Mafalda can inspire a cat lover for sure.
Popular Italian women like Medici, Lucrezia, Christine, Rossellini, Asia, and Sofia are suitable Italian names.
Stella is another cute name. It means “Star.”
Italian love their art. Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Leonardo are also good options. This language is a great language that produces some stunning names.
|Alberto – Bright, noble||Adrina – Happiness|
|Benito - Blessed||Anita - Gracious|
|Carla – Man||Aurelia - Golden|
|Dante - Everlasting||Bambi - Child|
|Faustino - Good luck||Cira - Bright, Shining|
|Flavio - Blond||Trista – Love|
|Gian - God is gracious||Alba – Dawn|
|Ivo - Archer||Elvira - Truth, White|
|Marco - Mars, Roman God of War||Lucia - Light|
|Leo – Strong, brave, bold||Occhi - Eyes|
|Pazzo – Crazy||Paloma - Dove|
|Pelo – Hair, fur||Pia - Pious|
|Tito – Saved||Quorra - Heart|
|Zitto – Silent, Quiet||Valentina – Powerful|
|Nero – Black||Zola - Ball of earth|
Spanish Black Cat Names
Pet cats are children to us. We play with them, care for them, and present them in good costumes.
Before deciding on a name, you should take into consideration your pet’s uniqueness.
Spanish cat names give us plenty of options. Originating in a small European country, Spanish represents the primary dialect of close to 427 million people speaking this language in 31 countries.
Maybe, you all have Spanish legacy. Or you wish to be part of an amazing culture.
You could take in the sounds of a Spanish name and no matter whatever be your decision, Spanish is a language to relish. This language is linked to laid back charm and softness and it creates an exciting charm.
Not only is this language relatively fun to learn, understanding it provides you a purrfect head-start to learning languages like Portuguese, and Italian.
Take a look at these 15 distinct, popular Spanish names for your cat.
|Diego – Supplanter, name of famous Mexican artist “Diego Rivera”||Alicia – Noble|
|Eloy – Chosen one||Amiga – Female friend|
|Juan – Gracious||Carmen – Garden|
|Jade – Stone of the colic, precious green stone||Bonita – Cute, pretty|
|Issac – Laughter||Carmine – Song|
|Manco – One armed||Chica – Small|
|Ramon – Counsel, Protection||Damita – Little lady|
|Santo – Holy||Hada – Fairy|
|Ximen – God has heard||Luz – Light|
|Samuel – Name of God||Rima – Antleope|
Names For Black Cat With Green Eyes
Most cat owners consider their pets as family owners. Getting the right name needs a little bit of motivation.
In this aspect, you should ideally focus your attention.
Naming a cat only based on the cat’s eyes, and our cat names for black cats with green eyes will motivate you in getting the perfect moniker. Sometimes a name suddenly pops up from nowhere.
You may have decided to choose a name for your cat. The color green appears in different shades. Common names like Forest, Leaf, River, Emerald won’t suit every pet cat.
Consider the cat color and its uniqueness and decide on a cute name.
Our list of cat names consists of several monikers and most names. For all those who find it hard to pick the right name, we prepared a list of suitable cat names.
Take a look and select the best name for your cat. All the best!
- Aileen – Light in Irish
- Berde – Meaning green in Basque language
- Blerta – Blossom, green in Albanian language
- Cyan – Greenish blue color
- Denver – Green valley
- Emerald – A dark green gem stone
- Midori – Means green in Japanese
- Tale – Meaning “green” in Egyptian language
- Wayani – It means green in Catawba language
- Zelenka – Meaning green in Czech language