- Do You Own A Dog? Ask Us A Question!
- Australian Shepherd Dog Names [Video]
- Male Australian Shepherd Names
- Female Australian Shepherd Names
- Cute Australian Shepherd Names
- Unique Australian Shepherd Names
- Popular Australian Shepherd Names
- Red Merle Australian Shepherd Names
- Blue Merle Australian Shepherd Names
Find Top Rated Breeders In Your Area
Do You Own A Dog? Ask Us A Question!
Australian Shepherd Dog Names [Video]
Male Australian Shepherd Names
The affectionate and attentive Aussies are attached toward people. Reliable and steadfast, males are outgoing, playful and fun-loving. They are more like a puppy and want to play games.
Energetic and excited, all varieties of Aussies are versatile and intelligent, too! A special name for this talented breed, therefore, suits well for it! Special names involve your time and effort.
So, always keep in mind your Aussie’s traits while choosing names for it! Next, ensure that the name sounds good and is easy to call. You can even choose your favorite destination names for your males. For example, you can name him as “Dubbo,” “Sydney,” etc.
- Abe – Meaning ‘Father of a Multitude’ in the Hebrew language
- Axis – Union of two
- Beckett – Beehive
- Caruso – Italian name meaning closely cut
- Davis – Son of David
- Dodger – Tricky
- Frito – Worn out
- Gander – Male goose
- Graham – Good guy; Billy Graham is a popular American preacher
- Jordan – Very athletic; River
- Kailo – Meaning popularity
- Kimber – Meaning ‘from the wood of the royal forest’
Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Female Australian Shepherd Names
Female dogs of this breed are awesome personalities. They are stubborn, independent and territorial. Aussies have a protective nature and are great watchdogs.
In the pack, females usually determine the pack order, compete and maintain it as well. Docile and attentive, female has the strength and uniqueness. So, choose names for this fabulous breed based on its personality and elegance.
Similar to the males, you can name your sweet girl with inspirational things, places or people who come to your mind.
- Dee dee – Form of ‘Diana’ means delight
Cute Australian Shepherd Names
Aussies are attractive and steal your heart with various coat colors. Coming in Red and Black, the Australian Shepherd has copper or white markings in its face, legs, and chest. Merle pattern is common and marvelous among all.
Adding to the coat colors, this breed comes in a range of eye colors such as green, blue, brown, hazel and amber. Also, Aussies have split eyes. Cute names for this cutie pie are a great choice!
Cute names are also an excellent way to generate creativity. You can create a name for your Aussie by making a short form of a name and combine two names.
For example, you can name your dog as Nikki (short form of Nikita), Hoggy (Hobie and Iggy), etc.
Unique Australian Shepherd Names
A fantastic family pet and a wonderful watchdog, it is a highly motivated breed. The Aussies are eager to learn new things and determined. A hard worker, they stick to their task and never give up.
Intelligent and easy to train, they have herding and protective instincts by nature. A great motivator and a protector, the history of Aussies is unique. So, you can choose the names of several travel destinations for your dog. Nicknames can also be unique for this breed.
Popular Australian Shepherd Names
Australian Shepherds are popular in several countries such as Spain, Australia and France. So, a popular name sounds well for this popular breed!
Red Merle Australian Shepherd Names
Aussies come in several coat colors. Red merle is a pleasant color among them. A purrfect name for this pleasant pooch will sound pretty!
- Sun Shine
Blue Merle Australian Shepherd Names
These Aussies have a mix of light silver and dark smoky charcoal coat color. Their parti-colored eyes will attract you with its beauty!
It is a good idea to find a few inspiring names for this dog!
You can name your smart and agile Aussie in many ways. But, if you want to have an awesome name for it, you must know a few tips.
- Choose a short and sweet name for it! Also, find a dog name that rolls off your tongue.
- Ensure that your dog name doesn’t sound like commands such as sit, stay, fetch, etc.
- Choose a dog name that doesn’t sound similar to other names (e.g. wooly and woody) to avoid confusion!
- Find a name that best suits its personality!
It is also a better way to have a short list of names in labels and let your pooch decide a name for it! How’s that?