Find Top Rated Breeders In Your Area
The friendly cute Mini Aussiedoodle promotes the hypoallergenic traits of the Miniature Australian Shepherd and Miniature Poodle.
They are considered as a hybrid dog, in a smaller version of standard Aussiedoodles. These dogs are not recognized by the American Kennel Club. These dogs come in different colors such as Parti, Solid, Bi-color, Red tri, Blue Merles, Red Merles.
Do you own a dog? Ask Us A Question!
Mini Aussiedoodle Characteristics
- Temperament: Playful, energetic and affectionate
- Suitable for: Families with children and houses with yards
- A most suitable place for a living: Apartment
- Nature of Coat: Curly, wavy and soft
- Hypoallergenic: Possible
- Barking Nature: Occasional
- Good Family Pet?: Excellent
- Adaptability to a new owner: Good
- Tolerant of Loneliness?: Low
- Grooming Requirement: Moderate
- Touch Sensitiveness: Moderate
- Hair Shedding: Low
- Brushing Requirement: 2 to 3 times a week
- Heat Tolerance: Very Good
- Cold Tolerance: Very Good
- Love for Children?: Very Good
- Trainability: Excellent
- Sociability with other dogs?: Very Good
- Good with other pets?: Good to very good
- Liking for roaming?: High
- Average Price: $600-$2500
- Height: 12-18 inches
- Average Weight: 15-35 pounds
- Common Health Issues faced: Patellar Luxation, Seizures, Eye problems, Hypothyroidism, Gastric torsion, Allergies, joint dysplasia, skin infections, Addison’s, Cushing’s and Von Willebrand’s
- Life Span: 12-15 years
Mini Aussiedoodle Origin
This breed, the Mini Aussiedoodle, was introduced in America in the 60s. The Miniature Australian Shepherd is actually a purebred canine and not a mixed breed or a crossbreed.
Both the parent dog breeds appear smart, and they are called the “Einsteins” of the dog world.
Read Also: Aussiedoodle Rescue And Adoption Tips
Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Mini Aussiedoodle Appearance
A designer dog, this breed can take the appearance of both his parents. This dog will be of medium built with floppy ears.
Eyes are mostly almond in shape and either almost blue or black in color. They have a medium sized muzzle along with scissors bite.
Their coat will be straight, silky, and soft. The available coat color includes gray, silver, red, brown, yellow, black, blue, and white.
Mini Aussiedoodle Fullgrown
Their size can vary from medium to small. They can be bred with a Toy or a Miniature Poodle.
Mini Aussiedoodle Size
- Size – 12 and 18 inches
- Weight – 15 and 35 lbs
With countless breeds, the sizes normally vary between genders.
Mini Aussiedoodle Life Expectancy
The average lifespan of a Miniature Aussiedoodle is between 12 and 15 years if cared with good diet and proper maintenance.
Mini Aussiedoodle Temperament
- The crossbreed of a Miniature Poodle and Miniature Australian Shepherd, this hybrid dog breed carries traits from both its parents.
- These dogs are social, quiet, protective, outgoing, loyal, smart, gentle, energetic, and courageous.
- With early socialization, the Miniature Aussiedoodles are friendly with cats and other dogs. The friendly nature of this dog breed can be a hindrance in working as a hardcore watchdog.
- Intelligent and with a ready to please attitude, the Miniature Aussiedoodles are prone to separation anxiety.
- These dogs are energetic and active and also enjoys his playtime.
Do Miniature Aussiedoodles make good family pets?
The Miniature Aussiedoodles are loving, affectionate, and confident. This dog loves to cuddle and play games with the family members. A home featuring a stay at home member remains suitable and apt.
Mini Aussiedoodle Training
These dogs are receptive and pay attention to commands. As with any other dog breed, the rewards-based approach will guide your dog’s natural instinct shine well.
Obedience training and early socialization are recommended.
Miniature Aussiedoodle Exercise
The Aussiedoodles are energetic and brilliant by nature. He needs nothing less than one hour of daily workout and activity.
Frisbee, games of fetch, playing in the backyard and the dog parks, daily jogs, and walks will be encouraged by your dog.
Obedience and agility training after 12 months will keep your dog hale and healthy. Postpone agility training before he reaches 1 year of age in order to decrease the risk of getting injured.
These dogs breeds can live in condos or apartment comfortably.
This dog incorporates tracking and hunting instincts naturally and it’s advised to place your dog under leash all times.
The Miniature Aussiedoodles are a brilliant choice for a different climate. These dogs have a coat which allows him to handle both cold and hot climates.
Mini Aussiedoodle Diet
The Miniature Aussiedoodles needs around 2 cups of high-quality dog food on a daily basis. For dog owners who prefer dry food, you choose high-quality kibble so that he can receive all the nutrients.
You can feed the best quality vegetables and meats. Since these dogs are very alert and agile, you better feed the right quantity of food.
Lean ground beef, chicken, and other healthy meat help dogs grow strong. Always cook meat well. However, do not feed cooked bones to your dog. You can feed ground meat to your dog.
Mini Aussiedoodle Grooming
The Miniature Aussiedoodle consists of a wavy, silky coat.
This dog requires brushing at least 2-3 times every week so that he will look his best.
Due to the nature of his ears, ear cleaning and inspection should remain part of your dog’s grooming schedule to escape ear infections.
Miniature Aussiedoodle Hypoallergenic
Miniature Aussiedoodles don’t shed too much. Australian shepherds consist of a dual, smooth coat of hair and poodles are hypoallergenic.
Their hair is silky and soft. These dogs can be groomed depending on your choice or preference.
Mini Aussiedoodle Health Problems
Some of the serious health conditions faced by this dog include
- Canine Cushing’s Disease
- Legg-Calve Perthes Disease
- Addison’s Disease
- Patellar Luxation
Minor health issues faced by the Miniature Aussiedoodle include
- Idiopathic Epilepsy
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA)
- Retinal Dysplasia
Mini Aussiedoodle Price
The average price of a Miniature Aussiedoodle can range from $600 to $1800 USD depending on the pedigree of the parents.
Mini Aussiedoodle Breeders
Important factors that determine the price of a Miniature Aussiedoodle include the reputation of the breeder, puppy’s history, vaccination details, and gender.
If the puppy you plan to buy is from a reputable breeder, the price will definitely be on the higher side.
Female Miniature Aussiedoodles are much more costly than the male Miniature Aussiedoodles.
Before buying check whether they can provide documents and certification about the dog’s overall health.
Check out the Mini Aussiedoodle breeders near you.