Find Top Rated Breeders In Your Area
Husky Lab Mix Breed Characteristics Sheet
- Origin: Unknown
- Size: Medium
- Dog Breed Group: Working
- Purebred: No
- Lifespan: 10 to 13 years
- Height: 20-28 inches
- Weight: 60-100 lbs
- Coat Appearance: Short to medium, double coat, silky
- Coat Colors: Black, White, Gold, Brown, Copper
- Temperament: Intelligent, Affectionate, Loyal, Curious
- Good With Children: Yes
- Intelligence Level: High
- Good With Pets: Yes
- Hypoallergenic: No
- Grooming: High
- Shedding: High
- Barking: Rare
- Suitable For Apartments: Moderate
- Need For Exercise: High
- Easy To Train: No
- Good For First Time Owners: No
- Health Issues: Hip dysplasia, Haemophilia, Cardiovascular disease
- Litter Size: 5 (average)
- Average Price: $300 to $800
Husky Lab Mix Size & Weight
The size and weight of a Husky Lab Mix cannot be justified as standard but most of them fall into this range;
Size – The height of a Husky Lab Mix can vary between 20 – 28 inches. You are dealing with a pretty large dog!
Weight – They can weigh between 60 – 100 pounds.
One interesting feature about them is, if not trained properly, they will jump on to your lap just like they used to when they were pups.
Huskadors usually forget that they have grown in height and weight; they love being pampered by their masters just like the times when they were pups.
Husky Lab Mix Temperament
The temperament of a Husky Lab Mix is quite un-predictive; they sometimes are calmer like their Lab parent or extremely active like the Huskies.
You will usually get to see a mix of both once the pups grow up. The following features well define a Huskador’s nature;
- Eager to learn – They love exercising, and training sessions can be super simple; but if they are more Husky-dominant, then perhaps you may have a hard time getting them to sit in one place.
- Intelligent – Both the parents are equally intelligent and hence this feature is very common in a Husky Lab Mix. If left alone, you will find them digging out a hideout or clawing through the fences to escape.
- Affinity towards Water – The Husky Lab Mix loves swimming and they wouldn’t mind spending hours inside the water.
- Very Protective – Their affectionate and loving nature makes them feel protective of the family they reside with; they will notify you by barking if they sense a family member is in danger.
Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Husky Lab Mix Lifespan
The Husky Lab Mix has a lifespan of 10 to 13 years. This majestic breed can defy all odds to live up to a maximum of 15 years at times.
But this again is not the standard time duration; some pets have lived longer and few die much earlier owing to suddenly acquired diseases.
Husky Lab Mix Health Problems
They are typically a healthy breed unless they have inherited certain genetic disorders. These are a few common health conditions that the Husky Lab Mix is prone to suffer from;
- Hip Dysplasia – Painful dislocation of the hip socket can be challenging for a Husky Lab Mix; proper medication should be provided to help it achieve complete recovery.
- Food Allergies – They may suffer from seasonal pollen grain allergies and certain food allergies. This can be prevented by keeping a check on what your pet eats. Do not shut them indoors just because it is allergic to pollens; take them to a good vet for medication.
- Haemophilia – This is the condition when the clotting process in the dog is deficient and the pet suffers excessive bleeding even for a small injury. It is usually a genetically transmitted disease.
- Cardio Vascular Disease – If your pet starts being fatigue all the time and has difficulty breathing, then it is recommended that you take your pet to the vet immediately.
Other diseases like swollen eyes, dental issues, bloating, and arthritis too are quite common, but with effective care procedures, you can help your pet live a healthy life.
How To Train A Husky Lab Mix?
Husky Lab Mix loves running around and their highly active nature requires them to exercise on a daily basis; it plays quite a vital role in keeping the pet healthy and physically fit.
Both the breeds are individually very intelligent and active, so training a Husky Lab Mix would be great fun.
- Say No to Dominance-based approached – Never de-motivate a dog or use harsh methods to punish him for not having completed the told task. Get him to learn about you and your ways better; gradually a Husky Lab Mix will start answering your orders. Your need a lot of patience while training a Huskador.
- Keep Teaching New Tricks – Huskadors can easily get bored playing the same games and tricks; teach him new ones once he’s mastered the old commands.
- Be Firm and Consistent – Your pet might start being independent once he grows a little old and may not like you being bossy. Be consistent in your methods and get him to realize that you are the alpha while he is training.
Train your pet to socialize with everyone while it is still young; this helps prevent him from being timid. They tend to grow obese and lazy if not trained well; daily exercise is a must for the Huskadors.
So you need to hit the road with the pet if you haven’t started training already.
Feeding Husky Lab Mix
Husky Lab Mix is comparatively a big dog and needs several cup servings of dog food. They also can easily put on weight; hence keep a check on their daily food intake.
You can split the meal intervals to 2-3 times a day. Decide the food quantity based on the level of fitness and age of the pet.
A super active pet will require more food than the one that does not exercise much.
Recommended Read: Feeding Guide For Husky And Husky Mix Dogs
Husky Lab Mix Names
5 Less-Known Facts About Husky Lab Mix
- Few Huskadors have noted to have a combination of eye color where one eye could be blue and the other brown.
- Husky Lab Mix has a double layered coat just like the dominant husky breed; hence they can adapt to the coldest of all conditions.
- Huskadors love swimming but might sometimes hate rain. So never force your pet to take a walk in a bad weather.
- This breed sheds a lot to ensure you give it a proper bath on a regular basis. You need to brush the hair daily in order to maintain the double-layered coat.
- They usually do not bother about ‘territory-acquiring-fights’. Huskadors get along with all animals if well trained and do not mind if someone plays the role of alpha in front of them.
Husky Lab Mix Price
When you buy a new Husky Lab Mix pup, the cost could be anywhere between $300 and $800 based on the age, coat & eye coloration, complete appearance and availability.
The breeders could charge you a little extra for proving authenticity. If a breeder obliges to sign up guarantee papers and is willing to give you vaccination proofs, then definitely don’t give it a second thought unless, of course, you are not satisfied with the features.
Both the breeds are excessively enthusiastic; hence you can be guaranteed to remain entertained all the time when this mix breed is around you.
Like all other dogs, they suffer from anxiety when left alone; so make sure you offer them the apt training and environment to live a comfortable life.
Husky Lab Mix Breeders
While buying a Husky Lab Mix, cross-check all the features and let the breeder know that you will buy the pet only after verifying its health and features.
A good breeder would not just explain you about the defining features of a Husky Lab Mix but he will also allow you to visit the parent breed for authenticity.
Sometimes your gut instinct works better than your research; if you don’t trust a person by the way he talks, then do not buy from him.
Avoid getting a pup from dog farms; always buy the pet from a licensed rescue centre or pet organization.
Certain breeders allow you to perform a genetic testing for breed authenticity; you can trust such breeders and you can always return home satisfied.
A little extra amount would be involved in this additional procedure, but it is always better to confirm instead of regretting your choice.
Husky Lab Mix also knew as the Labrador Husky or a Huskador is a brilliant pup from an amazing crossbreed, and is the latest of all new designer mixes.
Crossbreeding has given us extremely beautiful designer outcomes but you need to have a basic understanding of each breed available in the market in order to make the right choice while buying a pup.
This article outlines some of the basic features that characterize the Husky Lab Mix. Once you have a clear idea of what exactly you need to know about the breed, you will find it easier to buy one.
You may find the pup resemble very much like its Lab parent but once they grow up, you would get to tell apart the Husky and Lab features
If you are looking for a great, loyal companion, then this breed is the right choice for you. But be warned, if you are not much of a Television Show lover, then there are chances your pet would start hating you.
Just Kidding! But yes, Huskadors do love watching TV a lot!