Quite a few dogs instantly steal our heart wherever and whenever we see them. Chubby and short legged Corgis and delightful working dog Huskies are top on that list. Corgi Husky Mix dogs are not only attractive, adorable and high-energy dogs but also down to earth.
Also commonly known as Siborgi, they are a cute crossbreed between a Welsh Corgi and a Siberian Husky.
Have you ever observed a Corgi mixed dog? Let’s learn more about this special Corgi Husky mix and other much-needed information.
- Fun Games For Your Dog
- Happy Puppy Management Tips
- Complete Dog Adoption Guide
- How To Train Your Dog For Basic Commands?
- Majestic Names For Your Male Dogs
- Cute Names For Female Dogs
- Foods That Are Safe For Your Dog
- Must Know Teeth Care Tips
- First Time Owner Dog Care Tips
- Trusted Pet Insurance Reviews 2019
- How Can You Have A Comfortable Travel With Your Pet?
- How To Understand Your Pets Body language?
Corgi Husky Mix Infographics And Video
Corgi Husky Mix Breed Characteristics Sheet
- Origin: Siberian Husky – Northeastern Asia, Pembroke Welsh Corgi – Pembrokeshire, Wales (ancestors), Cardigan Welsh Corgi-Wales (ancestors)
- Size: Small-medium
- Dog Breed Group: Working + herding group
- Purebred: Yes
- Lifespan: 12-15 years
- Height: 13-15 inches
- Weight: 20-50 lbs
- Coat Appearance: Double coated
- Coat Colors: Red, sable, grey, dark brown
- Temperament: Alert, friendly, sweet, loyal
- Good With Children: Yes; better under supervision
- Intelligence Level: High
- Good With Pets: Yes; better under supervision
- Hypoallergenic: No
- Grooming: Moderate-high
- Shedding: Moderate-high (seasonal)
- Barking: Low to moderate
- Suitable For Apartments: High
- Need For Exercise: Moderate
- Easy To Train: Yes but early training recommended
- Good For First Time Dog Owner: Moderate
- Health Issues: Hip dysplasia, obesity, Von Willebrand’s disease, back trouble, epilepsy, eye problems, skin problems
- Litter Size: NA
- Average Price: $300-$700 (US)
Corgi Husky Mix Breed Information And History
Moreover, it’s a designer dog since two of the cutest dog breeds are bred together.
Overall, the Horgi was created to combine the best qualities of both the breeds in a small size dog.
Corgi Husky Mix History
The Corgi Husky mix also called as Corgski, Siborgi, or Horgi. To understand, the background of this mix, let’s decode their parent breeds.
♦ Siberian Husky
This dog breed originated in the regions of North-Eastern Siberia located in Russia. In fact, the first Siberian Husky was bred by none other than the Chukchi people.
The Chukchi people are hunter-gatherers who rely on this dog breed for survival. The beautiful, almond-shaped eye of this breed expresses a naughty or a kind expression.
Nimble-footed and swift Siberian Huskies are renowned for their powerful gait. Not more than 70 pounds, they appear much lighter and smaller than the brisk Alaskan Malamute.
Siberian Huskies produce very little doggy smell and are amazingly clean.
This cute, agile dog breed is originally from Wales, England. The two types of Corgi breeds:
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi
♦ Pembroke Welsh Corgi
The Pembrokes are a lively, athletic, strong little herder dogs. They move around graciously without any bounds. Not to mention, Pembrokes are world’s best herding dog breeds.
♦ Cardigan Welsh Corgi
One of the finest pieces of dog breeding, the Cardigans is aptly suited to manage moving cattle. Also, they are sweet-faced and delightful dog breed.
Corgi Husky Mix Facts
♦ Horgi – Appearance
At times, the Horgi resembles the ever-active German shepherd. They have a small but sturdy frame and appear with short legs.
♦ Coat color
The Corgi Husky breed features straight medium-sized coat, which is waterproof by nature. They have double-coated fur. In general, the coat can also be a combination of their parents or it could also be from any one of them.
This breed is available in several colors and some of them include brindle, Dark Brown, Gray, Sable, and Red. Moreover, it’s not impossible for all the puppies to have one single coat color but that’s quite rare.
A Horgi sheds right throughout the year. However, depending on the dog’s individual trait, they may undergo medium or heavy shedding. As they are heavy shedders, you need daily grooming to manage their double coat.
Corgi Husky Mix Size, Weight And Height
In particular, the Corgi Husky breed tends to exhibit the cute Welsh corgi’s size. The size may change depending on the characteristics they imbibe from their parents.
They are a medium or large sized dog that weighs not more than 50 lbs and not less than 20 lbs. But, they stand not more than 12-15 inches or 30 to 38 cms tall.
Corgi Husky Mix Lifespan
They have a moderate to high life expectancy, ranging from 15 to 18 years. This is the same as the lifespan of any other small dog breed.
Since it is a mixed breed, watch out for a few health problems inherited from both the breeds. Otherwise, this dog is easygoing and adaptable to diverse living conditions.
They do not need distinct weather conditions to survive. They perform great in all diversified climatic conditions.
How To Care For A Corgi Husky Mix?
Taking care of a Corgi Husky mix dog is very vital. So, keep these things in mind while taking care of a Corgi Husky dog. Since they are very sweet and friendly, Corgi Husky is not a natural choice as guard dogs.
These dogs are more suited to live in colder climates. They may feel uncomfortable to survive in hot conditions. A special thanks to their thick double coat.
Remember, dogs are a lifetime commitment. There is no assurance that your Corgi Husky dog will always be quiet and obedient.
Corgi Husky Mix Food
The Horgis have a big appetite and you don’t follow a proper diet plan, they tend to become obese. You must keep track of your dog’s daily intake to put him inline.
Since it is a designer dog, regular dog food intake depends on your dog’s actual size. An expert consultation will help decide the right amount of food you should feed.
You should follow this simple rule before you feed your dog:
- 20% of food intake from treat
- Remaining 80% from a regular kibble diet
- Other great choices include sunflower seeds, tuna, and olives as treats
What to feed your Horgi?
Foods To Avoid:
Corgi Husky Mix Temperament
- The Corgi Husky mix dogs are stubborn, protective, playful, happy, outgoing, and friendly.
- Very easy-to-train smart dogs, Horgis are loyal and unique.
- Due to their friendly nature, they are not good guard dogs and they treat even strangers with love.
- Furthermore, they like plenty of activity and are always ready to please their owners.
- They never display any territorial behavior and they always appear intelligent and robust.
Corgi Husky Mix Interesting Facts
- The Horgi is happy to play with strangers and at times can become a bit stubborn with young children.
- Corgi Huskies are so cute that with a single glance, and you will be desperate to carry them home.
- They are very loyal and diligent. They need physical and mental activation and they will perform all jobs perfectly.
- The Husky breed, as well as the Pembroke Welsh Corgi breed, is from the same ancestry, Spitz dog (northern).
- Cardigans are one of the oldest living dog breeds, dating back some 3000 years ago. Pembrokes have accompanied the Vikings when they reached Wales.
Horgi Puppy Names
Corgi Husky Mix Health Problems
Horgis are one of the healthiest dog breeds. They can survive around 15 years under proper care and guidance. But, like any other dog breed, they are also prone to certain health problems.
♦ Degenerative Myelopathy
It is a progressive disease damaging the spinal cord. This condition affects the Corgi’s between the ages of 8 – 14. Usually, it starts with ataxia or loss of coordination in the dog’s hind legs.
Once affected, the corgi husky dog will wobble, drag the feet or knuckle over while walking.
How to prevent degenerative myelopathy?
There is evidence that feeding the dog with raw vegetables particularly rich in vitamins E, C, B, and minerals can reduce the severity.
♦ Hip Dysplasia
This disorder consists of a weakly formed hip joint. This condition may worsen over time. Hip Dysplasia is carried on by the Husky genes. The common signs include lethargy, reluctance to remain active, or difficulty standing up.
This condition may get worse due to bad nutrition or obesity. A well-balanced diet can work wonders.
♦ Back Problems
This breed dog looks adorable but their unusual proportions generate back problems. The dog’s condition worsens if they are obese.
Teaching and training your dog not to jump excessively will reduce the strain in his joints.
♦ Other health problems
This dog mix is also prone to
- Patent Ductus Arteriosis or PDA
- Von Willebrand’s disease
- Eye problems
- Skin problems
How To Train My Corgi Husky Mix Puppy?
It’s advisable that the training of a corgi husky puppy must start at a very early stage.
With good socialization and training during their puppy-hood, they learn to be obedient.
With these smart breeds, positive reinforcements along with consistent training will work effectively.
Corgi Husky Mix Exercise
A corgi husky dog requires regular exercise and needs at least a walk a day to make him healthy and happy.
But, this dog mix can become a bit cranky if his daily exercise needs are not met.
It performs well when the leash is removed and they are good at Frisbee, fetches, and other high energy games.
Corgi Husky Mix Price And Breeders
Finding the right price for a corgi husky dog can be a daunting task. Depending on the breeder’s reputation, the average cost can be somewhere between USD 750 to USD 800.
Before you buy one, study whether this dog breed will suit your lifestyle. Find out if you can adopt Corgi Husky from rescue shelters.
Most shelters keep track of all the mixed-dog breeds under their care. It’s definitely worth contacting your local dog shelters.
Corgi Husky Mix Breeders
So, can you name many Corgi Husky dog breeders to choose from? Being a designer dog breed and not a typical pure breed, dog lovers usually find it hard to locate a breeder. The reason is most breeders prefer purebreds for breeding purposes.
You May Like To Read:
Breeders, animal shelters and rescue groups
- Let Alone Creek Corgis Baskerville, Virginia
- Jimanie Pembroke Welsh Corgi Lexington, South Carolina
- Jimanie Pembroke Welsh Corgi Lexington, South Carolina
- Montaire Kennels Tucson, Arizona
- Glasshouse Kennel Ventura, California
- Doxford Kennel Geneseo, Illinois
- Davenitch Cardigans Andalusia, Alabama
- Foggy Bottom Summit Central City, Iowa
- Red River Huskies Arcanum, Ohio
- Troika Kennels Gainesville, Texas
- Aniak Siberians Wasilla, Alaska
- Taja Siberians Shelby, Michigan
- Snowborn Siberians Chippewa Lake, Ohio
In cramped places in the United States, Corgi Husky Mix dogs are turning out to be the latest addition in the families. Take a shot and decide for yourself how much you know about the Corgi Husky Mix dog.
1. Is It A Hypoallergenic Dog?
No, They are a heavy shedding dog. It’s necessary that you regularly brush your dog once a week. Hire a professional groomer in the shedding season.
How much are corgi husky mix?
The Corgi Husky Mix puppy can cost anywhere between $750 – $1000 USD. Well, reputed breeders always charge a premium for their puppies since they carry proper documentation as well.
What ’s a corgi husky mix dog called?
The cutest dog the world has ever witnessed so far, the Corgi Husky Mix is also called Siborgi or Horgi. This dog is a cross between a Corgi and the Siberian husky.
The Corgi Husky Mix dog is a small to medium dog breed with a life expectancy somewhere between 12 – 15 years.
Name some of the best Corgi Mixes
Some of the cutest Corgi mixes that’ll steal your rude heart include-
Pitgi – Pit Bull + Corgi
Spitzgi – Spitz + Corgi
Greygi – Greyhound + Corgi
Corrier – Terrier + Corgi
Rottgi – Rottweiler + Corgi
Corgiever – Corgi + Golden Retriever
Sheepdgi – Sheepdog + Corgi
Cattlegi – Cattledog + Corgi
Cohuahua – Chihuahua + Corgi
Shigi – Shiba Inu + Corgi
What’s the size of a Corgi Husky Mix?
The actual size of a corgi husky mix actually depends on certain traits these dogs acquire from their parents.
This dog weighs between 20 lbs and 50 lbs and stands at between 12 and 15 inches tall.
Do corgi mixes actually shed?
There are some animals that invariably shed more time and again. Shedding is a simple natural process and it’s a display of regeneration and growth of hair.
Double coats are the reason why Welsh Corgis shed heavily. Their double coat contains a longer outer coat and inner short insulated coat.
During the winter shedding season, the corgi’s inner coat retains warmth and it’s water resistant and insulated. This important feature protects it from extreme cold.
The inner coat remains more strong than the outer coat in the winter months. Corgis, in general, shed at least two times a year, in both autumn and winter.
Corgis may shed more due to illness and hormonal imbalance too.
Do corgis actually bark incessantly?
Corgis are known for their loud bark. These dogs are herding dogs by nature. Herding dogs are always known for their rounding up, monitoring, and barking skills.
Corgi husky mix for sale in the United States and the UK
The Siborgi is not actually a pure breed dog. In this case, you may find it difficult to locate a breeder. Designer breeds are quite popular in both the UK and the United States.