If you own this adorable breed or having a plan to buy it, the first thing as a pet parent for you is to give this dog an identity. That is, you should give him or her a name!
As these dogs are kind and dignified, names that fit their personality and appearance will be an apt choice. Also, it is a great idea to find names that are hilarious, cute or entirely unique!
Sweet, short and memorable names such will sound good for it! Long names will also be a great choice, especially if you are able to find a few pretty names in another language.
Below are a few tips that help you to look out for wonderful names for your bulldog!
- Bulldogs have the ability to understand brief commands. So, names that are easy to remember are the best choice in these cases.
- Choose a name that you need not mind to call your bulldog with that name in public.
- You can name your dog with the favorite things or memories associated with a positive experience.
- Ensure that the name does not sound like the common commands.
Above all, you can find the apt name through interaction with your bulldog. If your bulldog looks at you when you call it with a name, you can go doe that time. If it does not respond, try to pick up another name!
Through this way, you can have a wonderful choice of name! But, it is always fine to choose a name that just rolls off your tongue.
Do you own a dog? Ask Us A Question!
Male Bulldog Names
Bulldogs have a compact, but muscular body. Its appearance is distinct with pushed-in nose and wrinkled face. Its muscular body gives you a hefty and sturdy look!
Keeping this in mind, you can find a few Bulldog names that fit their solid and robust body! Also, it does the role of a watchdog.
So, you can find names for the Bulldogs based on their appearance, traits and the roles played by them. You can even go for the names of famous personalities as these may reflect the courage of your bulldog!
- Andre – Manly and brave in French
- Ajar – Young
- Arvin – Friend of people
- Brutus – Heavy in Latin, Name of the famous bearer “Lucius Junius Brutus,” the traditional founder of the Roman Public
- Butch – It is a fictional bulldog character in the cartoon “Tweety and Sylvester”
- Bully – Intimidate person
- Caesar – Ruler in German
- Carrie – Manly
- Cale – Bold in English
- Chips – Meaning flake
- Diana – Divine
- Della – Noble
- Dominic – Belonging to God
- Dozer – Versatile
- Duke – The royalty title used as a nickname
- Dumbo – A nickname was given to Jumbo Jr
- Danny – Meaning ‘God is my judge’
- Flicker – Meaning ‘shine’
- Frankie – Free one in Latin
- Gomer – Complete
- Griffin – A mythical creature
- Hardy – Strong
- Hyder – Meaning “Lion” in Sanskrit
- Jagger – Refers to a person who owned a team of packhorses
- Jim – Ruler of countries
- Knox – Meaning “Hump” in Scottish
- Maximus – Meaning largest in Latin
- Moby – A name derived from Herman Melville’s novel “Moby Dick”
- Mr. Beefy – A talking bulldog from the movie “Little Nicky”
- Mike – Hebrew Name(Gift from God)
- Oscar – Divine sphere
- Pudge – Energetic
- Raymond – Protector in German
- Rocky – Unsteady
- Sampson – Sun
- Spike – The literal meaning of it is “long and heavy nail.” It is also the name of the bulldog from “Tom and Jerry” cartoon
- Slater – An armored, heavy fighting vehicle that carries guns and moves on an articulated metal track
- Thor – Thunder
- Trapper – A fictional character in the TV show “Mash.”
- Valentine – Strong Love
- Wink – Fluttering the eye
- Winston – Name of the famous British statesman Winston Churchill
Female Bulldog Names
When choosing names for the females, we always go for the names that represent their elegance and feminity. But, you can opt for names that not only reflect their feminity but also their tough looks in case of bulldogs!
Courage is the most noticeable trait in bulldogs, irrespective of gender. So, such names will best suit your dogs!
- Athena – Greek goddess of Wisdom and warfare
- Amorette – Meaning “Love” in Latin
- Alexia – Defender of mankind
- Bertha – Meaning “Bright” in German
- Brizo – Ancient Greek goddess
- Bubba – A popular name in South America
- Cheryl – Darling
- Chica – Small, young in Spanish
- Chiyo – Meaning “eternal” in Japanese
- Dollie – Meaning Gift of God in Greek
- Daiki – Valuable in Japanese
- Emery – Meaning “powerful” in German
- Erina – Blessing in Japanese
- Ezra – Name of the famous American poet “Ezra Pound”
- Fedora – Meaning “God’s gift” in the Russian language
- Greta – Pearl in German
- Hera – In mythology, it refers to the Greek queen of Heaven and Wife of Zeus
- Hina – Sunshine in Japanese
- Honey – Sweet nectar
- Jabba – Refers to the fictional character “Jabba the Hut” from the movie Star Wars
- Jessie – Gift in Hebrew
- Joelyn – Brilliant
- Joplin – Afflicted in Jap
- Justice – Righteous in English
- Izzy – God is my oath
- Leia – Weary in Hebrew
- Lulu – Famous warrior in Latin
- Mable – Meaning lovable
- Medusa – Meaning “to protect” in Greek
- Melon – Sweet pulpy and fleshy fruit
- Mercy – Reward in Latin
- Mica – Shiny mineral
- Nina – Meaning “Graceful” in Hebrew
- Nova – New in Latin
- Pearl – Gemstone
- Portia – Refers to the heroine in Shakespeare’s “The Merchant of Venice”
- Petunia – Name of a flower
- Pam – Honey
- Regina – Queen in the Italian language
- Saucy – Smart looking
- Scully – Fictional character in the TV series “The X Files”
- Stephie – Meaning crown
- Trinity – Traid in Latin
- Queen Bee – Hive
- Valerie – Strong
- Xena – Meaning hospitable in Greek
- Yoko – Child in Japanese
Cute Bulldog Names
Bulldogs are lovable due to its cute and charming face despite wrinkles. Its disposition is sweet as well. So, you can bring the charm in it with a cute name.
Also, cute names are the best and solid choice, too! You can find a few celebrity dog names as cute and fantastic for your bulldog!
- Barkley – Birch valley
- Bronson – A dark man’ son
- Blanco – White in Italian
- Clint – denoting to famous actor Clint Eastwood
- Daisy – A grassland plant
- Diva – Meaning “divine one” in the Celtic language
- Earl – Meaning Noble
- Ernie – Serious in German
- Gracie – Mercy
- Fergus – Man strength in the Irish language
- Fonzie – A fictional character in
- Gretta – Meaning “pearl”
- Jay – Swift in Latin
- Kirby – A fictional character from the Kirby series of video games
- Lilith – Night monster in Hebrew
- Minka – Meaning “strong” in Polish
- Rascal – Mischievous person
- Razor – Meaning “king”
- Riptide – Flow of water in an estuary
- Sausage – A seasoned meat
- Simba – Lion
- Teddy – Gift of God
- Titan – Important person
- Tootsie – A young woman
- Tulip – A flower
- Soda – Carbonated water
- Verona – Victory
- Zoltan – Life
Unique Bulldog Names
This breed has a unique appearance with its robust body, pronounced jaws and pushed in nose. Despite it, this dog is a loving and loyal friend!
Its rolling gait is distinct as well. This dog is also easy to maintain and many celebrities including Madonna own it! So, if you want its name to be unique, name it with the interesting things that come to your mind!
- Beyonce – Name of the famous American Singer “Beyonce Knowles”
- Chillie – Hot
- Doobie – A marijuana cigarette
- Dooley – ‘Champion’ in Irish
- Jalpeno – A chili pepper originated to Mexico
- Jethro – Meaning abundance in Hebrew
- Kinsey – King’s victory
- Giga – ‘Giant’ in Greek
- Gryffindor – A fictional character in the Harry Potter series
- Lolly – Emerald in Latin
- Lollipop – A candy
- Miranda – Meaning wonderful in Latin
- Nyla – Winner
- Riddick – A fictional character in “The Chronicles of Riddick”
- Sitka – Means people on the Outside of Baranof Island
- Zee – Wolf