A giant sized dog needs a distinct larger than life unique name.
These big dog names are also suitable for both giant as well as large dogs, between 60-90 lbs.
You should take into account the dog’s character. This chosen name will determine whether the preferred name is fit for your dog or not.
Without much ado, take a look at the exciting big dog names.
Find Top Rated Breeders In Your Area
Do you own a dog? Ask Us A Question!
Simple Tips For Picking The Right Big Dog Names
In several families, the youngest member of the family picks the right name for the family dog.
So, this explains why several dogs had cartoon character names. Take into account these simple tips and name your big dog.
- Never pick names that can cause uneasiness-
With all the prevailing political turmoil or gender tension today, it is well advised to pick a dog name that nobody will take offense or misconstrue.
- Avoid common names
It’s cool to pick a name that is trending. Remember, it can result in confusion when you use it at a community park.
- Ask other people’s opinion
Choosing people names is not at all a bad option. Before you do that, ask the permission of your family member so that it does not cause undue family tension.
- Stay Clear of Names that Sounds Like Dog Commands
Avoid names that sound like dog commands. For example, “Bit” may sound like “Sit.”
- Short Names Are Popular
Pick a one-syllable or two syllable dog name. This could make your job easy during training.
Big Dog Names Female
A giant dog always needs a unique name. Big dogs and tough names always go in pairs. For tough, big dogs, strong dog names a brilliant match.
If you are planning to get a big female dog, you should look into several factors. These females are a bit tender than the strong male dogs but still carry a heavy punch.
Brainstorming dog names look like a hard exercise, but it’s more fun than we all know.
For those adopting a female dog, why not consider classical names? These dogs are cute and smart.
The top big dog names are fun as well as special. More than the size, these big dogs have a range of personality.
Take your pick from the best of the best big dog names female.
- Minerva – Queen of art, wisdom in Roman mythology
- Madonna – One of the most popular pop icons of all times
- Madeline – Fearless but small little girl
- Khaleesi – Female name from “Games of Thrones”
- Jupi – A shorter version of the largest planet in the solar system
- Joan – The strong female who led the French and the popular Patron saint
- Indira – A Sanskrit name meaning “splendor and beauty”
- Hermi – The smart female wizard
- Eva – Argentinian leader who championed for women’s rights
- Empress – Someone who is funny and outgoing
- Eliza – Represents a trustworthy and smart
- Eleanor – A tall dog with nice eyes
- Emma – A confident, cute dog
- Duch – Female gooch
- Diana – The sweetest person you have ever known, Late Princess of Wales
- Cleopatra – The last popular queen of Egypt
- Boudicca – An ancient princess of the Iceni Celtic tribe
- Amazon – A tall woman
- Xena – An beautiful girl
- Athena – The ancient Greek goddess of wisdom
- Aurora – The most powerful and great dog to own
- Lena – A beautiful, bubbly girl dog
- Luna – A smart, sweet, kind girl
- Loca – Crazy female dog
- Zelda – The main character from the “Namesake” series
- Thea – The sweetest dog
- Chelsea – A beautiful, amazing dog
- Samantha – Gorgeous, kind, and trustworthy person
- Mabel – In French, it means “beautiful”
- Maya – Means a piece of heaven on Earth
- Missy – An open-minded girl
- Lucy – A female who understands you as nobody does
- Bailey – A girl with all the amazing personality
- Roxy – Opiate derived medicine oxycodone is called Roxy
- Coco – A girl with a big heart
- Daisy – A cheeky person
- Winnie – A girl that anyone would want to fall in love with
- Virgo – Natural, steady being
- Misty – A true ride type of girl
- Simone – A sweet, caring girl
- Tyra – Smart girl
- Bessie – Someone you don’t want to miss in your life
- Callie – Stunning, cute, and gorgeous girl
- Dixie – A charming girl from the south
- Lacey – A well-mannered girl who looks stunning
- Baddie – A female who is independent, pretty, and can take care
- Oprah – Oprah Winfrey, the richest black woman entrepreneur
- Aretha – One who is focused, grounded, and fearless
- Rebekah – A person who is always upbeat and cool
- Tayissa – An attractive, hot girl
Dog Pregnancy Calculator And Timeline
Big Dog Names Male Mastiff
Your search for a cool male Mastiff dog name ends here. Happy Searching!
All these dogs share something in common. Yeah, their size!
These dogs have a reputation as incredible protectors and guard dogs.
Naming your Mastiff rescue or puppy dog is not something any dog lover should rush into. Another important thing is that you should never put an enormous amount of pressure on yourself.
Chances are great if you play with your dog and love each other’s companionship.
The Mastiff’s ancestors belong to some of the best primitive dogs. Think in those lines before you select a good name.
- Tyson – A person who is always true
- Tom – Overrated Hollywood actor who practices Scientology
- Taison – An attractive person with dark eyes
- Skubi – A person who hangs out with his friends
- Rusty – A great person who does not lack charisma
- Ronaldo – One of the well-known football star
- Jumbo – A bulky animal
- Hunter – Caring person who is always ready to help
- Hulk – A green colored big-sized movie character
- Don – Another way to call a mafia boss
- Bruno – A badass guy who is unafraid to act
- Badshah – Master or king
- Azlan – In Turkish, it means “Lion”
- Stronk – An Russian version of “Strong”
- Gangster – A wannabe thug
Big Dog Names Male
Big dog names represent your dog’s stature. Making the best choice is important.
The reason looks quite simple. Each dog is special. Some names are unique and some names are scary.
There are plenty of choices to suit every personality, shape, and size of the dog.
Some male dog names are standard. These big dog names male list has a lot of names to address your dog’s personality.
Select ideas you can put in place. Whatever male dog name you select, keep in mind that the ideal ones meet your dog’s personality.
Take a look at some of the exciting male dog names. It will inspire you to select the best name for your big male dog without any confusion.
- Vader – A Star Wars name
- Titan – Saturn’s largest moon
- Thor – The Norse god who rules thunder
- Terminator – A popular sci-fi movie directed by Hollywood director James Cameron
- Stallone – An action hero from the Hollywood
- Simba – Disney’s famous animation character
- Schwartz – The short version of “Schwarzenegger” from the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Rudy – The football player with a big heart
- Rocky – Sylvester Stallone’s boxer franchise
- Rex – Picked from the gigantic Tyrannosaurus rex
- Rambo – The never-say-die action hero
- Magnus – A name for an important dog
- Mammoth – Creatures from the Ice Age with a big tusk
- Loki – Enemy of Norse god, Thor
- Krypton – Superman’s home place
- Kong – The ape who earned for himself in movies
- Iron Man – The superhero wearing a specialized suit
- Hindenburg – One of the largest passenger airship
- Hercules – The powerful mythological hero
- Goliath – The giant defeated by David
- Eastwood – Hollywood’s popular cowboy hero
- Dutch – A man who always plan well ahead
- Diesel – The “Fast and Furious” actor, Vin Diesel
- Commander – A top name for any dog
- Colossus – Huge!
- Chief – Top name for a top dog
- Captain America – The powerful superhero from the popular “Avengers”
- Caesar – The most well known Roman ruler, Julius Caesar
- Bluto – Popeye’s big bully character
- Attila – The terrifying enemy
- Atlas – The Titan who holds the heavens for eternity
- Zeppelin – A flying machine filled with Helium
- Voltron – Giant robot man
- Tex – A resident of Texas
- Tank – Anyone who is large
- Sumo – Japanese national sport
- Sultan – King or ruler
- Stag – To go alone
- Sirius – The brightest star
- Rhino – A heavy animal with a big horn
- Nero – A Roman King who is believed to have burnt most of Rome
- Leonidas – One of the greatest spartan king
- Rufus – Means “awesome and cool”
- Chuck – A large piece
- Brownie – A loud mouth, prissy person
- Spot – The place where all good things happen
- Champ – Short for the champion, winner
- Bandit – A thief who steals
- Rover – That oversized beach-balloon
- Max – The one with the biggest heart
Funny Big Dog Names
When you look into your pup’s innocent eyes, you will realize that this one needs a peculiar name.
There is something that rings a bell inside you, a goofy smile. Funny big dog names are ideal for those dogs with big personalities, and a unique sense of humor.
Life is fun with more smiles. As each dog parent agrees, this is the best reason for bringing home a puppy.
The look in those heart melting eyes, that magnificent grin, the wriggling anticipation, that fun-antics…all so great!
The main issue you face as a dog owner is that you find it hard to come up with a cute name for your brilliant dog.
Yeah, there is plenty of choice and some potential names in your head.
- Zippy – A popular restaurant in Hawaii
- Yeti – Also called Bigfoot or Abominable Snowman
- Dolby – A sound processing technology
- Toast – Another way to refer to a “gun”
- Biscuit – A weapon
- Sugar – Another word for “smooch”
- Jelly – Short form for “ jellyfish”
- Noodles – A food sold in packets
- Cake – A present from the gods
- Jim – A person who uses social media in a bad way
- Hashtag – An alternative for “ pound sign”
- Harry Potter – A children’s classic written by J.K. Rowling
- Elvis – The famous American singer of the ’60s
- Choco – Short form for “chocolate”
- Bilbo – Main character in Tolkien’s “ The Hobbit”
Big Dog Names For Small Dogs
These names are associated with big dogs but not bad for tiny sized dogs too. When picking a name for your small pup, try uber-masculine names.
Humans love irony. You could select a fictional movie character such as Big Foot, King Kong, or Godzilla.
Another fun name is Spartacus or Sparky. These macho names are ideal than the popular choices of Munchkin, Shrimp, or Tots for small dogs.
These names lack inspiration, and they do not paint the true picture of these tough and bold toy breeds.
Several small dog lovers are often inspired and energized by the top musical entertainers. If your dog loves classical music, then pick a name like Beetho or Tovi.
These music-related names are super-cool conversation-starters.
- Butch – A masculine woman or man
- Sparta – An ancient place in Greece
- Shaki – A half Columbian and a half Lebanese singer
- Kiki – Means to party
- Joker – Batman’s archenemy
- Smoke – To be good at something
- Lobo – A wolf or timber wolf
- Lili – A sweet caring person, an angel
- Tarzan – Edgar Rice Burroughs created a fictional character named Tarzan in 1914
- Chew – Smokeless tobacco
Big Dog Names Female Pitbull
Finding Pitbull names can appear really daunting. With plenty and plenty of ideas, where do you actually begin?
Don’t worry. Take a look at some of the good ideas suitable for your dog.
Pitbull is a kind of dog with a pleasing personality. Other dogs in this category include Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Pit Bull Terrier.
These dogs were initially created by breeding a Terrier and a bull-baiting canine. By blending the agility of a Terrier along with the strength of a baiting dog, the result was something brilliant.
At present, the Pitbulls are household pets. To make your task easy, we have created a list of big dog names female.
Female Pitbull Dog Names
- Stella – A big girl with a big smile
- Rosie – An person who is extraordinary in different form, shape, and way
- Scarlet – A loyal, independent girl
- Shivawn – A wise African Queen
- Janet – One who plays fair
- Nala – A cute lioness
- Zoey – A free spirited person
- Sarah – A person who is hilarious and cracks jokes
- Zanet – Amazing, cool, awesome person
- Pat – A smart person who would do anything and make you happy
Big Dog Names Male Pitbull
Pitbull names – male or female is mostly chosen based on the dog’s sex. Pitbull names can be traditional, but there are other choices as well.
From temperament to coat color, you can pick a name that reflects their personality. These dogs are cool. Nobody can deny this fact.
If you wish your dog to keep adding those cuddles and coos, then give an adorable name.
Every dog is remarkable. Pitbulls carry a name for being strong. If you prefer the determined, loyal nature of your dog, then pick a name that reflects it.
Male Pitbull Dog Names
- Buddy – Another way to call a friend
- Charlie – The most fascinating person in the world
- Duke – One who does the right thing
- Dumbo – A movie about a flying elephant
- Zeus – The biggest gods of all time
- Blue – The way we feel when it’s a Monday
- Jagger – Psychotic Demigod
- Major – Another word for “wonderful”
- Czar – A Russian king
- Godzilla – A big imaginary monster